COVID Safe Plan
Swan Hill Town Hall and Swan Hill Rural city Council are committed to providing a protected environment for all performing art events and other hires at the Venue and the team have designed and implemented measures in accordance with Government advice, to provide the safest possible environment for visitors to our venues.
Please note that essential information about COVID-19, symptoms, testing, physical distancing and what you can do to stay safe and well, can be found at the DHHS website
The information on this page will be updated regularly, in line with changes to conditions announced by the Premier of Victoria.
Please check regularly, particularly on the day of your visit to the Swan Hill Town Hall for current policy and conditions.
We rely on your support and cooperation to maintain a protected environment and remind all visitors to comply with signage and staff directions at all times.
Regularly cleaning and sanitising of all areas of the Venue and publicly accessible areas with approved disinfectant products throughout the day. Touch points or high traffic areas are cleaned regularly
Physical distancing and signage
- It is vital to stay at least 1.5 metres from others, especially when moving around our site.
- Signage in and around our buildings will help you maintain physical distancing, including in high traffic areas like corridors and areas where queues may form.
- Entries and exits will be one-way only and marked with signage.
- Lift will have a capacity limit marked with signage to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitisers are available upon entry to all venues, events and activity spaces.
- Handwash will be regularly restocked in all bathrooms
- We encourage theatre patrons to practise good personal hygiene at all times.
- Currently QR code check in requirements only apply in “vaccinated economy venues” where you are currently required to show your vaccination status, this includes all Entertainment venues.
- All visitors, workers, students, and patrons must still check in to the Swan Hill Town Hall Performing Arts Centre
To enter the venue
(This applies to all persons attending the venue for a performance, event or any other reason.)
From 11:59pm, Friday 25 February, patrons are no longer required to wear face masks.
Visitors aged 18 and over still need to have received both COVID-19 vaccinations and provide verification of their vaccination status as a condition of entry.
(Currently QR code check in requirements only apply in “vaccinated economy venues” where you are currently required to show your vaccination status, this includes all Entertainment venues.
All visitors, workers, students, and patrons must still check in to the Swan Hill Town Hall Performing Arts Centre.
Eligible proof of vaccination status (with proof of ID) includes:
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to the Services Victoria app.
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to smartphone wallet.
- Official Australian Immunisation Register certificate.
- Printed COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate issued by Medicare
- Eligible proof of vaccination exemption
The following proof will NOT be accepted:
- Vaccine appointment card
- Negative Covid-19 test result
- Presentation of approved documentation without Photo ID where required or requested
- Any other document
From 6pm on Friday 12 November 2021, you can no longer use a doctor’s letter or certificate as proof of medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination. Instead, your doctor needs to update your record on the Australian Immunisation Register to show that you have a medical exemption. Your exemption will then display on your immunisation history statement and your COVID-19 digital certificate.
For instructions to download your COVID-19 digital certificate and add it to your Service Victoria app or to download your immunisation history statement, visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaxproof
- Download the Victorian Government Service App on a smart phone device prior to your visit. You can download the Service Victoria app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Scan a QR code at the venue entrance
- If you don’t have access to a smartphone please see a staff member or sign in using the manually via the staffed Service Victoria kiosk.
- You will need to show acceptable proof of your vaccination status or medical exemption along with photo ID.
- Show a staff member your vaccination certificate (double dose) or evidence of a medical exemption. Please note, you may be required to show photo ID depending on your ticket type or form of certified documents.
When should I arrive for my show?
The foyer, bar area and box office will open 60 minutes prior to the performance. The theatre doors including upstairs will also open 30 minutes prior, so that patrons can move straight to their seats. We will communicate any changes to this standard arrangement direct to ticket-holders.
Can I get drinks and bar snacks
Beverages and bar snacks will be available from 60 minutes prior to the performance. The bar will close at the commencement of the performance and reopen at interval.
Can I pay by cash?
Cash payment is accepted, however, we encourage cashless payment wherever possible.